2 c. white flour
½ t. salt
1 T. yeast
4 T. lukewarm milk
1 T. vegetable oil
2 T. plain yogurt
- Sift flour and salt together in large bowl. In smaller bowl, combine yeast with milk and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Add yeast mixture, oil, yogurt and egg to flour and mix to soft dough.
- Knead dough until smooth (I use the KitchenAid, then knead on counter for about 2 minutes). Place in greased bowl, cover, and let rise in warm place until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to highest setting, at least 450.
- Turn dough back onto floured surface and knead for 2 minutes.
- Divide into 3 equal pieces, roll each out into teardrop shape about 10 in. long, 5 in. wide, and ¼ in. thick
- Bake naan for 3-4 minutes, or until puffed up.Brush naan with butter/sprinkle of cilantro and place under broiler for about a minute until browned.